As an Oval body type, you have a large bust, narrow hips, and a full midsection. You have a tendency to gain weight in your stomach, back and upper body. Your waist is undefined and the widest part of your frame. You also have a full, shorter neck and full face. Your buttocks are somewhat flat and your legs are slender. Your shapely legs are your best asset.
How to Dress an Oval Body Shape
The key to dressing an Oval body type is to de-emphasize your midsection and create a more defined waist. This is achieved by choosing clothing that add curves and fullness to your lower body and tops that taper to a waist. You have amazing legs so feel free to play with skirt lengths, but don’t go too short otherwise you will further a top-heavy look. Please click on the thumbnails below to learn more about how to dress an Oval body type.
Look for tops that will will taper your upper body while creating a more defined waist:
- Tops with nipped or belted waists.
- Square, wide V or U necks.
- Wrap style tops and jackets.
- Tops with vertical details.
- Tops that flare at the hip.
BOTTOMS and DRESSES:
Look for bottoms that will minimize your lower half:
- Pants with full or wide legs.
- Go for details such as whiskering, embellished pockets & flap pockets.
- Full, tiered, flared or bubble skirts.
- Cargo or safari pants with pronounced hip and rear pockets.
- Mid-rise waists with wide waistbands.